5 days international Masterclasses March 19th -23rd 2018
Supported by the Hubertus-Altgelt-Stiftung, there’ll be the first Hands on xK international at HFF – 5 days of national and international Masterclasses.
We can use Munich Filmschool’s studios, cinemas, seminar rooms and post-possibilities from March 19th-23rd, we have great cameras, lenses, monitors and light to use and test from the manufacturers (plus technicians to advise, especially if cameras aren’t well known yet such as the Venice or ARRI big format camera) , so we’ll have a set of parallel masterclasses daily:
- 4-5 Camera, Light, Lenses, Colorgrading classes ( f.e. with Nina Badoux, Benjamin B, Prof. Axel Block, Tony Costa, Tahvo Hirvonen, Jean-Paul Jarry, Christofer Kempel, Marijke van Kets, Jannicke Mikkelsen, Uli Mors, Stefan Runge, Prof. Dr. Peter C. Slansky and – last but certainly not least Roberto Schaefer (ASC) and hopefully David Stump (ASC))
- 3 Postproduction classes
- 2 Clasess “Sustainability” – Green Production
- 2 VR-classes
- 2 General classes “Imagefilm” and “One person show – VJs knowledge”Camera topics will be f.e.:
– Big format filming (ARRI LF, Venice, RED Monstro)
– Colour and Texture
– The right balance between lighting and color grading
– HDR Lab – Lighting, Measuring, Filming, Grading HDR
– CAMERA, WORKFLOW & CREATIVITY
– 360° Sound & Camera
– Sustainability in Film: Lighting with LED versus traditional light, “Green Shooting”
– Masterclasses light
– VFX – Greenscreen shooting and Post
– Phantom Highspeed
– Copters & Gimbals
Plus Film screenings, Masterclasses and gatherings in the evenings.
Since the masterclass teachers – and all film teachers! – are invited to join in their colleague’s lectures, last year we had great situations of co-lecturing in its best way – f.e. a studio shoot talking about texture with Philippe Ros (DOP) + Charles Poynton (Colour Scientist) + Dirk Meier (Colourist) + Isabelle Voinier (HD MakeUp Specialist) plus other film teachers and Film Masterstudents.
Admission fee 1300,-€ + 19% VAT for 5 days (300,-€ one day) of Hands on Workshops, mostly in small groups, 33% reductions for freelancers who are members of professional filmtechnical associations booking before February 22nd 2018.
OR “Teach & Learn” – film teachers can offer an own workshop and participate for free in other workshops.